LAST MINUTE CANCELLATIONS:- week/weekend:- none
HILL TOP & THE BARN together for family groups up to 14/16 people :- Next Mid week:- July :- Next Weekend:- July :- Next Week:- July/Aug
THE BARN for upto 4 people :- Next Mid week:- march :- Next Weekend:- march :- Next Week:- march
Welcome to Hill Top Farm and Hill Top Barn Self Catering Holiday Cottage in Lake District, Cumbria WebsiteBuilt in the 1700s Hill Top Farm is within the Lake District National Park, approx 4 miles from Coniston Water and 6 miles from Windermere. It is situated on the outskirts of Penny Bridge village, enjoying an elevated rural situation, with views over the Levens estuary. This is a peaceful and secluded location, with no neighbouring properties on its single-track road, whilst being less than a mile from local shops at Greenodd (baker, butcher, post office / general store, pub).
This traditional and quirky Lakeland self catering detached farmhouse is set in approx two acres of land and is full of individual character, with exposed beams, old slate flags and oak floors and old pine doors, open fire and a wood burning stove. All rooms have rural views. It now has new full central heating, kitchen, dining, four bedrooms carpeted, a large vaulted lounge, small snug/5th bedroom (with sofa bed) bathroom, shower room and a large barn loft games room, creating a comfortable and warm home-from-home.
Our newly refurbished attached Barn includes a modern high spec design, new technology and high quality furnishing and consists of: a separate entrance, ground floor walk-in shower room, bespoke high spec kitchen / dining room and an open plan lounge with burning stove and a door / bookcase through to the main house ( lockable on both sides). There is a large glass doors to the garden, with views to the estuary. Upstairs there are two double bedrooms and another bathroom. The barn can be booked for those people booking the main house who require additional self contained accommodation; it will not be available to be rented separately.
Our aim is to share our home (when we are not there) to groups & families who enjoy the Lake District. As the feedback and bookings show above, Hill Top Farm is popular, so if you are looking to book please try and book well ahead.
Accommodation- up to 16 people
Hill Top Farm
- Large Kitchen and dining room with a range fire and french door overlooking the garden and the fells
- Large lounge and stove and secret bookcase/ door to the Barn
- Small snug
- TVs, Apple TV, DVD, Recorder and wireless internet available, Bose Apple speaker
- Open fires with wood & coal provided
- Sleeps 12 in 4 double rooms and a large attic ( perfect for kids)
- 2 bathrooms and a outside loo
- Full Central Heating in all the rooms
Hill Top Farm Barn
Additional Accommodation :-the newly refurbished attached Barn includes:-
- Entrance room
- Walk-in shower room slate floor
- High spec bespoke kitchen units and appliances (Neff & Corian) and dining area
- Large lounge with multi-fuel fire, smart TV and Apple TV, Internet wifi, Harris Tweed sofas, glass doors leading to the garden and open views.
- Lockable connecting door / bookcase to the Farm house
- Solid oak floors on the ground floor and Herdwick wool carpets upstairs
- Sleeps 4 in 2 double bedrooms
- Full central heating
- (NB. the Barn can only be booked in conjunction with the Farm).
Hill Top Farm grounds and gardens
- Secluding sitting area outside overlooking the estuary at the back of the house plus additional setting area to the front
- Garden tables and chairs on the patios and BBQ
- Approx 1 acre field- may be occupied by alpacas, ponies and chickens
- A second barn - detached which includes a Games room in the detached barn loft includes; table tennis, pool table and football table and a stable for wood and coal and storage.
- Large enclosed garden with games including badminton, crochet, swing, hammock etc
- Boiler house for storage additional fridge, freezer and washing/drying room
- Outside toilet
- Secure store for bikes & boats with off road cycle routes close by and walks from the house
- Parking for up to 6-8 cars and gates
- There is now a pony in the field which is available for pony rides. For more detail please use Further Information page above.
Close by Hill Top Farm
- An attractive place from which to explore the Southern Lakes, or simply to relax in the house and garden and watch the ever-changing views.
- A peaceful and secluded location, with no neighbouring properties within over a mile
- Large patio with rural views
- The Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam railway is just 3 miles away. Here you can catch a train to Lakeside, visit Stott Park Bobbin Mill, the Aquarium of the Lakes or catch a ferry to Windermere and Ambleside.
- Serious fell walking within half an hour
- A passenger ferry to Coniston village can be boarded at the Victorian pier at Lake Bank, launch and hire boats on Coniston are a short drive away.
- Estuary walk - close from the house- great for dogs and kids on the beach
- Fishing on the lakes and rivers
- Grizedale Forest a few miles away includes an adventure playground, Go-Ape, sculptures, walks, cycling, cycling hire and cafe.
- Health treatments & spa within 10 minutes drive
- Nearby 3 pubs within 2 miles that serve good food and locally brewed beer
- Market town of Ulverston with independent shops, a good supermarket (Booths) and a range restaurants and take-aways 4.5 miles away.
- By rail- Ulverston or Oxenholme near Kendal
Thank you to those who have already visited, and for the fantastic feedback we have received, including some very useful suggestions. If you have any good photos that we could include on this site, please forward them.
Martin Altounyan, Caroline Altounyan, Alice Altounyan & Adam Altounyan
For further information, bookings and prices
To enquire please select Availability & Prices and, if necessary, select the year. The prices are based on the number of people, the number of days booked and the season. The approx cost between £10-20 per person per night. A table below the Available & Prices calendar page shows the indicative total cost based on seasons, the numbers of people of your party and whether you are looking for just the Farm or the Barn as well. NB If you do choose not use the Barn then it will not be rented to any other groups, as the Barn will not be rented on its own.
After checking the availability and the prices and you want to Contact us for a quote then please enter your contact details, the date, duration and the size of your party and whether you want the Barn as well, then submit the info to me. I will email you within 24 hours to confirm the price etc and if you then want to confirm the details then a deposit of £200 secures the booking. The balance is paid within 8 weeks of your arrival. Payments can be made by cheque, bank transfer or PAYPAL gift. For more info or a chat email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on+447879846493
There are duvets and pillows provided, but you will need to bring your own bed linen, bath towels, tea towels etc. The numbers in your party, prices and dates are flexible until the booking is confirmed and the deposit paid, when they are fixed, from then on, any additional numbers are subject to agreement and are subject to additional costs. Daily consumer items such as toilet rolls, washing up liquid & dishwasher/washing machine tablets, salt & pepper, tea & coffee, coal, wood and heating etc are normally included. If you are travelling from overseas and unable to bring your own linen etc, please let us know and we will ensure that these are provided.